Exmouth Food Bank statistics
- Over 70% of the food we give out is donated directly by churches, schools, local clubs, organisations, businesses and individuals. We then use monetary donations to buy additional items such as bread, fruit and vegetables.
- In 2021 we supplied 2,177 food parcels that fed 4,405 people. (These numbers are largely consistent with the support we provided in 2020 when we provided 2,315 parcels to feed 4,837 people).
- Recent levels of demand for food parcels are over double the annual averages for 2014-2020. This rise has in part been caused by the effects of COVID-19, but increasingly by the rising cost of food, fuel and utility bills.
- Our standard, one person, one week food parcel would cost about £20.
- Our volunteer team would cost over £7,600 a month to employ, but they all give their time for free
- We are currently seeing a significant rise in families who are unable to make ends meet. In April we supplied 252 parcels to feed 586 people. Demand in April increased by 19% when compared to March and we are now consistently providing food to feed over 130 people a week.
Number of people we have fed 2020-2022